We have been delivering training in the community since March 2007 but registered as a CIC in April 2009. We are commissioned by public sector organisations, private sector businesses, social enterprises and other organisations to deliver training in the community. We do this alongside other projects that support local people to develop skills to have a better quality of life.
All profits generated from our projects are ploughed back into the community and fund other projects and training that supports the most excluded members of our community, particularly disabled people and their carers and family.
What we do
- We provide a varied programme of training in the community for local people, which includes learning, leisure, sport, life skills, health and wellbeing and creative activities.
- We encourage ownership of learning and empowerment through learning new skills.
- We promote a culture of community learning, particularly for disabled people in Knowsley and their carers and family.
- We create a space for people to learn in a safe, friendly and fun environment.
- We do bold projects, working in creative and innovative ways, risking doing things differently, where people can improve their wellbeing, self-confidence and become actively engaged citizens in their community.
- We enable people to make new friends, networks and opportunities in places where they feel safe.
- We are really good at what we do, because we are completely passionate about it, which is why we get such amazing results. We concentrate our efforts on people, not outputs. Seeing people change their outlook on life and improve their quality of life means everything to us.
- We work with diverse groups from the most excluded individuals in our communities to large corporations. We believe everyone has the right to learn.
Support and Advice
- KPAC supports local people to identify opportunities open to them and helps people to remove barriers to reach their goals.
- We like to give people choices about their learning. We are happy to give advice and guidance of what opportunities are available.
- We encourage people to talk to us about their needs and what we can do to support their learning journey.
14 / 09 / 2015